The University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) seeks a dynamic and innovative professional to provide statewide support and coordination for 4-H leadership and citizenship programs. This is a full-time Public Service Faculty appointment based in Athens, Georgia.
There are more than 300 full-time and part-time faculty and staff members in Athens and the five 4-H centers in Georgia who support the district and county 4-H faculty and staff members who, in turn, deliver the 4-H program at the county level.
The specialist reports to the Associate State 4-H Leader for UGA Extension and is accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Provides direction and vision to 4-H Citizenship/Civic Engagement Programs
- Provides overall coordination and leadership for Step Up and Lead, Leadership in Action, Global Ambassadors, and other programs related to citizenship and leadership.
- Assists with activities of Georgia 4-H Board of Directors (state officers), including coordination of training, planning sessions, appearances, statewide events, and other activities as needed.
- Coordinates 4-H Day at the Capitol in cooperation with state agencies and Georgia 4-H Foundation committees.
- Coordinates the Georgia 4-H Dean’s Award program.
- Promotes, coordinates selection process, organizes travel, and provides orientation for youth and adult participants in Citizenship Washington Focus.
- Promotes, coordinates selection process, organizes travel, and provides orientation for youth and adult participants in National 4-H Conference.
- Provides direction and vision to 4-H Global Programs, including serving as liaison to international 4-H programs and coordinating the International Project as part of 4-H Project Achievement.
- Coordinates assigned Georgia 4-H statewide events, contests, and awards, including website maintenance and communications with participants, collaborators, and donors.
- Collaborates with other Georgia 4-H State Staff in developing, facilitating, and evaluating 4-H Youth programs.
- Seeks grants and private gifts (in cooperation with the Georgia 4-H Foundation) to support assigned programs.
- Assists Principal Investigator for AmeriCorps Vista program and other grants, as assigned.