Supporting the Professional Pest Management & Vector Control businesses in North America, the primary responsibilities of this role, Scientist ll, are to:
- Provide technical leadership in developing new products and label expansions, new formulations and alternative control methods. Participate in project teams, utilizing process optimization, project management and technology tools to ensure strategies are technically sound;
- Develop research programs, write trial protocols, and administer grant-in-aid funding, so as to quickly identify the value of innovative concepts, and efficiently advance new ideas through development process. Prepare summaries for each trial season, and prepare bioefficacy dossiers for regulatory submissions;
- Work independently to analyze and interpret trial data from all sources, provide technical summaries to enhance sales effectiveness and make biological recommendations serving as a basis for investment decisions in new development opportunities;
- Identify and reduce to practice innovative concepts, through interaction with field development, technical directors, university researchers, etc;
- Preparation of trial programs &/or project workloads for up to 10 FTEs in field development, development station biologists, and in formulation development.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. in Entomology & Pest Management;
- A strong analytical background is beneficial, especially demonstrated accomplishments in population modeling, pattern recognition, predictive analytics, etc;
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication, scientific publications and presentations and regulatory dossiers.
- Relevant leadership experience in technical &/or commercial operations in pest management industry is highly desired;
- Familiar with pest management in food industry, with a working knowledge of how certification schemes (e.g., GFSI) affect delivery of pest management.